September 28, 2013

Pumpkin zucchini bread/muffins

I had some frozen zucchini and pumpkin so I decided to try to make muffins...without a recipe.  I ended up with a  lot of batter and my muffin pan is not looking so good.  I really need a new one.  So I put the batter in a large baking dish.  It looks like a cake but the consistency is really really dense.  When I cut into it, it almost looks like fudge in the middle.  Can't really tell there's flour in it. 

I had too pieces with spray butter on it.  It's still pretty good, not amazing.  I buttered a piece for Little Ripples and she actually really likes it.  Score!  It's really healthy, made with whole wheat flour, old fashioned oats, zucchini and pumpkin.  There is some regular flour in it and a cup of brown sugar but really nothing too bad.  And it made a lot.  I'm not going to post pictures or the full recipe because it really wasn't that great.  The girls helped me make it and they had fun and I'm glad that it turned out good enough for them to eat.

Oh...Little Ripples just asked for seconds...Double Score! 

1 comment:

  1. You are so brave to bake without a recipe. I've been in the mood lately for pumpkin stuff. I guess because it is now fall.

    ReplyDelete