August 16, 2013

August Grocery Challenge Update


Out of the $157.26 spent at Aldi today:
  • $6.19 was for juice boxes and bottled water for the girls' bday party tomorrow. (this will come out of the party money)
  • I was over charged for 7 yogurts.  These yogurts were marked down to 19 cents because the expiration date is August 25th.  Big Ripples loves yogurt and would eat multiple cups a day if I let her so I know we'll go through them.  I tried to explain to the cashier that I was overcharged a total of $1.40.  But the cashier and manager thought it was easier to refund all the yogurt and then only ring up half of them.  So I ended up getting over $5 back in cash.
So I spent a total of $147.06 on groceries and miscellaneous.  I'm debating on counting all the miscellaneous as grocery money.  I spent around $15 on trash bags, freezer bags, toilet paper, etc.  For now, I think I'll just leave it as part of the grocery budget.

August Total: $381.82 out of $440.  I have $58.18 to last the rest of August.  Aldi's didn't have everything that I needed but that had some things that I hadn't expected.  I do need to go to Acme to get pop, milk and some produce but I think I'll be able to finish off the month without going over budget.

No comments:

Post a Comment