July 21, 2013

Celebrating Without Food or Alcohol

My mom has been on an extreme diet.  She sees a doctor every week to monitor it, but she doesn't eat real food.  Mostly shakes and nutrition bars.  Because of this, we've had to adapt to the way we celebrate events. 

Her birthday was this week.  Usually we would have the hubbies watch the kids and go out to a nice girls lunch with sangria or wine.  Since that wouldn't work with my mom's diet, we tried to think of something to do that didn't involve eating or drinking.

My sister and I ended up taking her to the Bead Boutique where we each made a bracelet.  I also made a matching pair of earrings.  It was fun to do something different and it was way more inexpensive than I thought it would be.  

Necklace and Earrings only cost $10 to make!!
 
I want to take Little Ripples some day soon, maybe her birthday so she can make something and I can make a matching necklace to go with my set.

I like the idea of not having to celebrate with food/alcohol as I've always struggled with watching my weight and it seems like there is always some one's birthday to celebrate or a holiday to mess up my diet.  Some other things we thought of to do:

See a Play
Paint Pottery

Do you have any other ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment