June 9, 2013

Gravitt's Goulash

I found this recipe for Goulash.  I didn't even know what Goulash was but it seemed simple enough and an inexpensive recipe so I tried it.  You can find the original Recipe in the link below and I didn't make very many changes.  I didn't get a chance to take a picture and of course I had just cleaned out my purse so I didn't have my receipts so I'm estimating how much this cost to make.  I was a little worried that my husband wouldn't like this since he's not a big fan of soups.  But he had 2 bowls for dinner and asked me to pack it in his lunch too.  Even the girls ate it pretty good, except Little Ripples wouldn't eat any of the pieces of tomato.

Original Recipe from Countrified Hicks:  http://countrifiedhicks.blogspot.com/2013/04/gravitts-goulash.html

2 lb. ground chicken
1 Tbsp Garlic
2 cans tomato sauce
2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
1 T. garlic sea salt
1 medium onion, diced
3 cups water
2 cans diced tomatoes
2 Tbsp Italian Seasoning
2 cups elbow macaroni

In a large pot, cook ground chicken.  Add onion and continue to cook.  In a separate pot, boil water and cook the macaroni.  Combine all the rest of the ingredients into the large pot with the chicken along with the macaroni wants it is done.  Continue to cook the Goulash for another 10 minutes and serve.

I sprinkled Parmesan Cheese over the top of each serving and served it with Garlic Bread.

Cost to make Goulash: $8.79
Makes 12.5 1 cup servings = 70 cents per serving

Each cup is approximately 210 calories


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment