April 10, 2013

Miracle Soup

Ok maybe I'm exaggerating a bit with the name but really, this soup is amazing.  It's super easy, quick and cheap to make, and Baby Ripples will actually eat broccoli, cauliflower and carrots in this soup.  She's not much of a veggie eater so I'm thrilled.  Over the weekend when Baby Ripples was sick, this was one of the only things she would eat.  She ate 2 1/2 small bowls in one sitting!  And when I was on weight watchers I used to call this my low points soup because it only had 3 points for 1 1/2 cups.

Ok so here it is:

  • 2 packets of Lipton Noodle Soup Mix (or Aldi's Chef's Cupboard Chicken Noodle Soup with Real Broth)
  • 8 cups of water
  • 1 bag of frozen California Blend Vegetables (Broccoli, Cauliflower and Carrots).
Heat up the water and frozen vegetables in a large pot on the stove.  Once the water is boiling, add both the soup packets.  Reduce heat and simmer for 5 - 7 minutes.

That's it.  Super Easy.  I don't even cut up the vegetables.  They end up being so tender that I just use a my spoon to cut them up a little before serving the girls.  I leave mine whole, but I have a big mouth. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment