April 2, 2013

April Savings Challenge Update #1

I was sooo excited that on my 2nd day of my very first finance challenge, I was able to save $33 since our electric and water bill both came in under budget!  That was until I got the mail. Darn medical bills. 

I have to admit that I am horrible about watching our medical expenses.  I almost rarely look at our EOBs.  Whenever we do get a bill, I tend to just take it out of our extra money or find a way to just work it into the budget.  So of course, on Day two of our savings challenge I recieved three bills in the mail. 

Bill #1 - $11.05
Bill #2 - $20.00
Bill #3 - $ 3.90

Total = $34.95

Crap...I'm already -$1.95  on my second day of the challenge.  Oh well, I guess I should just be grateful that I have decent insurance and that's all the bills totaled.  Not that I even know what they are for.  Have you ever noticed how medical bills never really tell you what they are for?!  But, I digress.  That'll be a topic for a different day.

1 comment:

  1. That's great that your water & electric bills came in *under*! Nice for a change isn't it!? I guess it'll even out with your medical bills... oh well, at least it's a small number! ;) I'll add you to my blogroll! Thanks for visiting & commenting so much, i'll do my best to do the same! :)

    ReplyDelete