March 31, 2013

Acme Grocery Shopping

My husband and I went to Acme for our weekly shopping trip.  It's fun to go grocery shopping with him, but we do tend to buy more.  Before we had kids, we used to always go grocery shopping together, but now its easier if he stays home with the kids and I go by myself.

We spent $69 and got some produce, lunch meat and some of the sale items that I will incorporate into our meal plan in the next couple of weeks.  Some of the extra items that weren't on my list that we picked up were four bottles of Parkay Spray Butter that were on sale so I stocked up, 5 pack blank CD's that were marked down to $1, and popcycles. 

So far I've spent $199 on groceries this week.  That seems like a lot but it really is enough food for 2 weeks except for maybe needing to pick up milk and some produce next week.  And that includes enough food to make 2 lasagnas and 2 loaves of garlic bread for a small birthday party at our house.

I have $51 for next week's grocery shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment