December 8, 2014

Menu for Game Night Birthday Party

I've been checking out some new recipes to make for my birthday party on Saturday.  It's going to be a really busy day so I'm going for easy fun recipes.

 I just found out Big R has a church choir concert on both Friday and Saturday evening and practice for the concert almost every evening this week.  My mom takes her to choir practice since it is at the church she belongs to. And my mom just realized that the concert was this weekend.  Plus on Saturday we are going to Breakfast with Santa which I paid for when I made our reservations.  Then I'll need to get the house clean. We are going to the Friday Choir Concert but Mr. R will have to drop Big R off at the church by 6:30 and we have around 6 - 8 people coming over at 7pm for game night.  It's going to be a crazy week and weekend.

So as I was looking for recipes, I needed to stick to quick and easy foods that are easy to eat while playing games.

Here's the plan for game night:

Drinks:

  • 1 bottle of wine I bought for last night and we didn't drink.
  • A friend is bringing another bottle of wine
  • Hot Chocolate or Coffee with Irish Cream Liquor and Whip Cream on top.  The Irish Cream was at Aldi for $8.99 - All I need to purchase for this is the Whipped Cream
  • Apple Pie Shots  - I bought the cider at Aldi for $3.99.  My plan is to make these into a drink instead of a shot.  I'll have to play around with the proportions a little so they aren't too strong.  I'm going to mix this up and have them poured and ready to go in some little cups that I bought.  They will be ready and sitting in the refrigerator when guests arrive. - Just need to purchase the Vodka
  • I think I'm going to tell everyone that we'll have wine and mixed drinks but if they want beer they can bring some.  
  • Pop
Food:
  • Taco layered dip - black beans (from freezer) with a taco seasoning packet added, sour cream, guacamole, cheddar cheese, salsa, black olives and chips for dipping
  • 2 kinds of deviled eggs - the regular kind and then a this recipe my sister sent me.  Although I'll be cheating and just buying already prepared guacamole and mixing it with some salsa.
  • Hummus and Veggies - carrots, broccoli, cauliflower
  • Salami Roll Ups with Crackers 
  • Oreo Cookie Dessert 
Games:
  • Cards Against Humanity
  • Electronic Catch Phrase
  • Apples to Apples
Not sure how many will get played.  I'm really looking forward to playing Cards Against Humanity.  My sister owns it and said it's really fun.




No comments:

Post a Comment