October 11, 2014

Financial and Other Updates

Savings Challenge Goal: Save $12,000 in 2014.  
Added $150 to goals:

  • Emergency Fund: $2235
  • Vacation Fund: $2229
  • Car Fund: $2235
CD:
Ally has a 5 year cd with a 2% interest rate.  My goal for this week was to deposit $1,000 in a cd.  But I can't get their website to let me open an account.  When I click on the button, nothing happens.  GE Capital has better rates but not so great reviews.  So at this point, not sure what I'm going to be doing with this money.


Mr. R's Birthday was last weekend.  We met with all of the family at a Chinese Buffet.  The only cake mix and icing I had on hand was a funfetti cake and a container of pink icing.  I could only find yellow and green food coloring.  The girls and I experimented and ended up with a pea green cake!  

We spent $88 at the buffet.  Mostly everyone paid for themselves.  We have a 19 year old niece who is in college and works part time.  She brought her best friend with her.  Her dad wasn't going to pay for their meals.  I didn't want them to have to spend there money so we bought there meals.  Same with our other niece who is 22, just had a baby and just started a new job.  I never had to pay for my meals when eating out with family until I was older, out of school and had a decent job.  I probably sound spoiled, but even to this day if I go out with my mom she won't let me pay. 

I'm pretty sure I paid for an extra meal and my 7 year old was charged as an adult.  But the waitress barely spoke English and since we had a table of 18, she was having a hard time keeping track of everything.  I was originally over charged for 2 meals but got them to take 1 off and didn't feel like trying to keep arguing with them to get the second meal removed.

10 Year Anniversary
Mr. R and I will be celebrating our 10 year wedding anniversary.  We are taking a trip to Port Clinton, OH for 3 nights.  I'm really really excited.  Our plan is to drive up Friday and have a nice dinner at the hotel. Saturday will be spent at Put-in-Bay and Sunday at Cedar Point.  Monday after breakfast we'll head home. The hotel room has a refrigerator so I am going to take snacks, pop, wine and stuff to make subs to help cut back on the eating out expense.

Job Search Update
I had a 3rd interview yesterday at a large company.  I hope it works out.  I am so sick of looking for jobs, wasting hours applying online, the stress of interviews and getting my hopes up.  If I don't get this job, I think I'll take a break from looking for a while.  Maybe wait until the spring after our cruise.

Grocery Shopping and Meal Plan
I really really need to get back into this.  The girls have gymnastics this morning, so I am going to go through the refrigerator and cupboards before we go and while I'm waiting at gymnastics, I'll work on a shopping list and meal plan.  

No comments:

Post a Comment