I've always wanted to go to the Columbus Zoo but every time we have tried in the past, the weather hasn't cooperated. Tomorrow is going to be 75 degrees and Sunny. A perfect day for the zoo.
The zoo is open from 9 am - 5pm. My goal is to get the girls to bed early tonight so that we can be on the road by 7:30 tomorrow. It's about a 2 hour and 15 minute drive. I want to have as much time as possible at the zoo because it is a very large zoo with an aquarium and lots of rides. But realistically, I don't think we'll get on the road before 7:30.
Here's a run down of the costs and ways we are going to try to save some money on our day trip tomorrow:
- Gas - Estimating about $40. This will just come out of our normal Gas Budget of $100 every two weeks.
- Food - Packing drinks, snacks and lunch. Will probably purchase a fresh squeezed lemonade (my favorite) and ice cream at the zoo. We'll pick up dinner on the way home (McDonald's or Taco Bell). Est: $30, Money will come from Mr. R's and My Spending Money
- Parking - $8.00, Not much I can do to save money on Parking
- Zoo Admission - $14.99/adult, $9.99/child. We get 50% off with our Akron Zoo Membership Card. Total Cost: $25.00
- Rides - All Day Unlimited Rides wrist band $9.99 per person includes 15 different rides. A pony ride for the girls is an additional $4 each. Not sure if we will do this but figure I'll plan for it. Total Ride Cost: $48