So Thursday is Little R's birthday. The girls had a big joint birthday pool party at my moms house a week and a half ago but we usually let the birthday girl pick something fun to do as a family on their actual birthday. Little R picked Chuck E. Cheese.
After I agreed we could go to Chuck E. Cheese for her birthday, she asked:
- "And I'll get to go in the ticket thing where you catch tickets?" She was talking about the ticket blaster.
- "And they'll say this is for Little R's birthday!" (She had her hands around her mouth like a megaphone).
- "Will I get a guitar?" The birthday kid gets an air guitar to play and dance with Chuck E.
I had planned on using a coupon for $39.99 that would get us a large pizza, 4 drinks and 100 tokens. This morning I started looking around on Chuck E. Cheese's website and realized that I could book a party for a minimum of only 4 people! So I booked a party for 4 "kids" and 3 adults. The "kids" being Little R, Big R, Mr. R and me. Chuck E. Cheese doesn't have an age limit on the guests at a party. So as long as you pay for them, adults can be included in the guest count. The 3 adults are my mom, step-dad and grandma. My mom said they would order and pay for their own food when they get there.
The cost: $12.99 each, a total of $51.96. And what do we get for $51.96?
- 8 slices of pizza (2 per person)
- 4 drinks
- 140 tokens
- A reserved table
- Personal Party Host
- And for the Birthday Girl:
- Star Recognition in the Birthday Show
- Jumbo Guitar Balloon
- Guitar Pick Medallion
- Ticket Blaster Experience
- Birthday Tiara with 8 Tokens in it
I'll be baking a cake to take with us. I'm so excited. I haven't told Little R that she will actually get to do all of those things. It will just be a surprise for her!