Number 1 most exciting thing EVER: Paid off remaining balance on student loans: $218.30!!!! I now own my MBA. I feel like singing or throwing a party. Must. Do. Something. To. Celebrate! Maybe I'll just pull out my degree and dust it off to admire it. :)
I have 4 degrees and no more student loans... I'm tempted to take them all to work and decorate my cubicle with them. Think that might be a little show offish? Hmmm. My job doesn't even require a college education. Most of us have them, but it's not in the job description. Oh well.
- $50 of the extra money went to my credit card to pay the balance for our Chuck E. Cheese and Friendly's Lunch last weekend.
- Completely paid off credit card - it was creeping up again.
- Went to the grocery store yesterday. I did a lot of cooking over the weekend to put off grocery shopping. We had $33 left from last pay period and I spent $109 but bought a lot of groceries so we are good for a while. Mr. R spent another $6 at the store. $113 left in the grocery budget until pay day 2 weeks away.
- $25 of extra money is paying for our adult bowling pass through kids bowl free.
- Added $20 each to Big R and Little R's savings accounts.
- Used $45 of our Vacation Savings money to pay for our camping groupon.
- Added $320 to savings:
- $120 summer day camp
- $40 vacation fund
- $80 car fund
- $80 emergency fund
New totals for 2014 challenge of saving $12,000
- EF $1273
- Car Fund $1273
- Vacation Fund $1277
- Still need to Save $8177 by the end of 2014