March 30, 2014

Weekend Recap

On Friday we had fun at the Cleveland Children's Museum.  I was able to use 1 coupon to save us $8, so we only paid $24.  The parking was horrible though.  It took us 15 minutes to find a space and we ended up just parking in a grassy area behind the real parking lot.

We had chicken and pasta with canned pasta sauce for dinner.  Nothing fancy.  I was running low on food but couldn't get motivated to go to the store after being gone most of the day at the museum.

On Saturday, I went grocery shopping and spent $106 at Aldi.  More than I planned on spending but I didn't have a list so it wasn't too bad.  They had a lot of marked down items so I stocked up some.  Now I need to see if I can make $69 last us until next pay day almost 2 weeks away.  Not sure that'll happen but we do have a lot of food right now.  Dinner was leftovers from the night before and salads.

The girls and I made a batch of m&m cookies and a batch of strawberry muffins.

On Sunday, I cleaned out all the girls toys.  We have a toy box on each level of the house and its amazing how quickly pieces and parts of toys end up in the wrong place.  I reorganized and ended up with 1 1/2 trash bags full of junk to toss and 1 trash bag full to donate.

Dinner was Kielbasa with Red beans and  rice.  It was very good, even the girls thought so.

Little R decided to share a cold with me.  She just started sniffling last night and I can already feel it coming on.  Sore throat and that icky scratchy feeling.  Good thing I got all that cleaning and organizing done this morning before it hit me cause I won't be doing much but going to be early tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment