March 4, 2014

Updated Meal Plan for the Week

Now that we're a couple days into the week, I have a better idea of the meal plan. So here's the plan now:

Saturday - Use-it-up Leftover Buffet/Freezer Food Buffet - mashed potatoes, corn, pork and sauerkraut, bread sticks, chicken nuggets and Mexican egg rolls -
Sunday - Beef Stroganoff
Monday - Baked Fish, pasta, salad
Tuesday - Tacos/Burritos (used 1 bag of frozen beans and used up all the hard taco shells that were left over from last week.)
Wednesday - Left overs night - beef stroganoff, nachos/burritos, mac-n-cheese, carrots and hummus

These are the options for the rest of the week:

  • Spicy Smoked Turkey Black Bean Soup (uses up 1 bag of smoked turkey and 1 bag of chicken stock from freezer) *New Recipe
  • Pasta with frozen spaghetti sauce
  •  Breakfast Casserole, blueberry pancakes (uses up frozen pancakes and 1 bag of frozen ham)
I had overspent at the grocery store this past week.  I made a meal plan and went through the refrigerator, freezer and cupboards before I shopped but I gave in to too many impulse buys.  I think my problem is that I only make a list of the ingredients I need for dinners and if there's anything in particular anyone requests. Other than that I like to see what the special buys are, what's on clearance, and what just looks good. I tend to over buy on all the extra stuff.



1 comment:

  1. I can't seem to get the c=grocery spending under control. Sigh. I post about it, keep notes on the frig and still I go over.

    ReplyDelete