- Pork Shoulder Roast $1.69/lb. I bought 2 totaling $17.24. One will be used for Pork and Sauerkraut, the other will be used for pulled pork sandwiches.
- 3 lb bags of Frozen Chicken Breasts - Bogo. I bought 2. They came out to $4.99 each. Aldi sells there's for $6.49 and we go through about a bag per week. This is when I wish I had an extra freezer to buy even more.
- Turkey Sausage - $2.24 each, I bought 2
- Ground Turkey - $2.50 (I bought 1, apparently the second one was the wrong kind and rang up at $3.99. I just realized this but I've already frozen it. That makes me so mad. I watched really carefully too but I missed that one.)
- I also got a rain check for whole bone-in turkey breast for $1.59/lb. Not sure if that's a great deal or not. I bought 1 last time they were on sale and Mr. R really liked it so I figure I'll get 2 more.
I bought some other things that were on sale too. My total came to $75.53 (which included an $11 bag of cat food). Mr. R. stopped and picked up a couple more things (that I had coupons for and weren't such a great deal but does he listen to me?!), he spent $6.47. Right now we are $9 over grocery budget. My goal is to only spend another $41 or less on groceries for the rest of the week. We'll need produce, bread and some other basics.
Then instead of giving myself $200 for groceries out of each paycheck for the next two paychecks, I'll only spend $175. We should have plenty of meat to last a month. I also still have frozen ham, smoked turkey and taco beans to make meals with.