January 1, 2014

New Year's Eve Fun

We had a great time last night with my parents and a couple they are friends with plus their son.  We played pass the trash and left, right, center.  Each person has to put $3 in for each game and the winner takes all the money for the game.  I'm thinking we played 10 games, cause I lost $30!!!  Boooo!  Last year, I won every game I played, but we didn't play near as many rounds because Mr. R. and I had gone out to dinner with some friends at a fancy restaurant first.

Compared to spending close to $80 last year at dinner, I think the $30 for 3 hours of card playing was definitely more fun and money well spent.  Mr. R. only played 1 game and he won about $10.

My bubble gum vodka was yummy mixed with diet sprite and the cheese fondue turned out really good. We also had Kielbasa and sauerkraut, barbecue meatballs and fruit salad.

The girls stayed up to watch the ball drop and blow horns.  They were exhausted after that and went to bed easily.  I never sleep well when I'm not at home so I'm looking forward to nap time today.

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had a wonderful evening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like fun! Not sure how I'd feel about the bubble gum vodka. ;-) Is it super sweet?

    ReplyDelete