The last 2 nights of vacation were spent at a hotel near Disney. There were trains nearby that went passed every hour and blasted their whistles all night long. I'm the only one that seemed to be bothered by this; I barely got any sleep the last two nights.
I had great plans of really tracking our spending on this trip but it didn't happen. Over all we spent: $1427 while we were gone. We have $395 left of California Vacation Money that we didn't spend. I'll be adding this to our savings account to go towards our savings goal for 2014.
Vacation Spending Round Up:
- 1 Day at the San Diego Zoo
- Budgeted $160, Actual Cost with Coupon $144
- 1 Day at the Scripps Aquarium -
- Budgeted $130 for Queen Mary and Aquarium (ended up being farther away than I thought, so we went to Scripps Aquarium), Actual Cost with Coupon $51
- 2 Days at Disneyland -
- Budgeted $674 ($392 was Disney Rewards $'s), Actual Cost with California Resident Discount $516
- Wine Tour for Mr. R and I - $125 for the tour, plus over $200 for wine tastings at 3 wineries, 4 bottles of wine, plus lunch, snacks and deserts
- We only ate out once per day except the last day at Disney where we ate out twice. Averaging around $45 per meal out. We usually didn't buy the girls their own meals, they just shared what Mr. R and I ordered.
- My Dad and his wife did buy us lunch for our first meal in California and Breakfast for our last meal.
- Went grocery shopping the first day for food for the week. I spent $130 on groceries. My Dad and his wife wanted to buy the groceries but I insisted on paying for some. The $130 wasn't even half of the grocery cost. But they buy almost everything organic, so if I had done the shopping myself we wouldn't have spent near as much. I mean, I really don't care about organic mustard, ketchup or peanut butter. Especially when its 2 - 3 x the cost of non-organic items.
|Tasting Wine at our First Stop on|
the wine tour.