December 28, 2013

December Grocery Shopping Challenge Update and Miscellaneous spending

I went to Acme and stuck to my list pretty well.  I spent $32.43 (rounding it up to $33).  Bringing my December total to $364.  I bought 3 boxes of cereal, a 3.5 pound pork roast, a 5.5 pound pork roast, 3 2-liters, milk, 3 deodorants, dial soap, and 8 cans of Hunt's spaghetti sauce.  I still have $36 to last until pay day on January 3rd.  We shouldn't need much before then, just whatever I need to make cheese fondue for New Years and maybe some more milk and bananas.

Since I'm doing so well this month sticking to my $400 budget, I'm going to count the non-grocery items I bought today in the grocery spending total.

I did by a bottle of gin for my brother-in-law.  I had $15 set aside for it but the smallest bottle they had was $21 so the extra $6 will come out of our monthly "extra" money.

The girls both needed new winter coats.  I tried going a used clothing store but I couldn't find what I was looking for.  So I stopped at Kmart and bought them each a coat there.  Even though the coats were 50% off, I still spent $51 just on 2 winter coats.  I should have probably tried to go to another thrift store but I didn't want to keep running around not knowing if I would actually find what I was looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment