December 2, 2013

Cooking From Scratch - Banana Sugar Cookies

We only have fruit snacks and popsicles this week for dessert.  I'm more of a baked goods kind of girl.   My first thought was I wonder if I had any icing at home for cookies, which we didn't. So I decided to make it all from scratch instead of buying anything.

I found this recipe for sugar cookies on allrecipes.  I added 2 smashed up bananas that were about to go bad, increased the amount of flour to 3 cups (2 all purpose/1 whole wheat) and omitted the vanilla since I didn't have any.  The cookies came out pretty good but they're more soft and cakey as opposed to the chewy cookies I'm more fond of.

Icing was made with 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar, a splash of skim milk and 1/2 cup of melted butter.  I even had food coloring and sprinkles.

Big Ripples had a great time decorating.  Little Ripples ate her whole first cookie and then tried to get a second one telling me she wanted her cookie downstairs with her.  As if I didn't see her eat the first one.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment