October 14, 2013

Weekly Meal Plan Week of October 14th

I still haven't gone to Aldi this week.  I might go tomorrow or by Wednesday if I can hold out that long.  Or I should say if Mr. Ripples will wait that long.  We have A LOT of food to eat up but if we run out of any 1 thing that Mr. Ripples likes, he'll go to the store and buy a whole bunch of junk and sale items that we don't need.

Monday - Crock pot Chicken Noodle Soup
Tuesday - Leftovers- Chicken Noodle Soup, Fisherman's Stew (this was a new recipe that was just ok so I didn't bother posting it),  Chicken Pasta Casserole and biscuits
Wednesday - Crock pot Chicken and Vegetable Pasta Sauce over Perogie's
Thursday - Pork, Sauerkraut and Perogies
Friday - Chicken Parmesan

Acme had a sale on perogies this week and I usually don't buy them but Mr. Ripples loves them.  That's why they are making an appearance a couple times this week.  I bought 4 different kinds so they won't get boring.  The only thing I really need to buy for this menu is pork chops.

I only spent $35 at Acme so far so this will be a cheap week on groceries.  Plus I was able to freeze a large container of chicken noodle soup and a container of the Fisherman's stew for dinners later in the month.  And, I should be able to freeze some of the crock pot pasta Sauce for another meal too.

No comments:

Post a Comment