October 22, 2013

Grumpy and Overwhelmed

I'm feeling completely overwhelmed this week.  Maybe its because I didn't sleep good two nights in a row.  After having trouble sleeping last night, then being woken up by a coughing child at 3 am, my mom called me at 6:58 this morning.  My alarm doesn't go off until 7:15. 

Yesterday I came home at lunch to make meatballs in the crock pot.  Apparently the packaging for the meat that I had taken out of the freezer had a leak.  There was bloody meat juices all over the bottom shelf of the fridge and in the drawers.  I probably threw away about $15 worth of food including a giant bunch bag of grapes that I just bought.  I spent my lunch hour cleaning it up. 

Tonight Big Ripples has guitar.  Tomorrow I have to go to parent teacher conferences and I'll have to leave work a few minutes early.  Thursday is the Trunk or Treat which I now regret signing up for.  My nephew can't be the zombie because he has something else going on that night and I don't have another zombie or time to figure out a way to make one.

I'm stressed about my job.  I really love my job and the company I work for.   But for reasons I can't really go into, I think I need to start looking for a new job.  I spent 2 hours last night just applying for 2 jobs online.  I hate when companies want an application filled out as well as a resume.  If I upload my resume, why do I need to fill out another application with all the same information?! 

I know I should look on the bright side.  Things could be worse.  But I don't want to.  I'm in the mood to be grumpy.

1 comment:

  1. As to why... because companies are redundant like that. The application pre-screens you via a computer, so if you don't meet the minimum requirements, your app and resume get tossed out. If they make that check, they get sent to another company (depending how big the employer is), to further filter down the applicants by looking at keywords. If your resume makes it past that... then they may hand your resume to the employer for review.

    Hope your week gets better! I had a long day Saturday that started at about 3am. Not fun!

    ReplyDelete