September 4, 2013

There are no more babies in my house

Today Baby Ripples turned 3.   She is the new Little Ripples.  I'm not sure if I'm sad or happy.  Whenever I see a pregnant woman, I feel sad that I will never be pregnant again.  Never feel a baby kick inside my tummy.  Never again hold my own tiny little baby in my arms.  I miss the closeness I felt when I was breastfeeding and having my girls fall asleep on my chest. 

But at the same time, I love that we no longer have any kids in diapers.  We only need to use booster seats in the car which are easy to move around if we are riding with someone else.  Only 1 child in day care and in two short years we'll be done with day care altogether.  I love that I'm not getting up multiple times a night anymore and that I can have a little more freedom to read or clean while the girls play together and entertain themselves.  We have been able to start going on family outings to the movies and camping.  And if we spend the whole day at the zoo and miss nap time, its not that big of a deal.

So my Little Ripples is 3 years old, my Big Ripples is 6 years old and yet I'm still surprised that I am in charge of two little girls lives.  How did that happen?!

Here's a photo out of the kitchen window.  I was doing dishes and my girls were playing with Little Ripples' new water table that she got for her birthday. (Ignore how spotted my window is please, its the window right behind the sink so it gets splashed a lot.) :)


1 comment:

  1. I think that there are pros and cons to both but you can't control it. Tine will pass and we all grow up. You are lucky to be Mommy Ripples.

    ReplyDelete