September 26, 2013

Once I started, I just couldn't stop

We went to the outlets today.  I really needed some new work shoes as the two pairs of flats that I wear the most are getting really worn out.  I was disappointed that I didn't find any good deals on shoes.  I also needed some work clothes, especially pants.  And a lot of my tops are starting to look worn, like they've been washed too much or have snags or little holes in them.  I used to do a big shopping trip in the spring/summer and then another one in the fall/winter.  But it's been a very long time since I've done that.  I can't even remember the last time.  Probably 3 years ago after having Baby Ripples. 

Once I got started shopping, I just couldn't stop.  I found some great deals. Here's what I got:
  • 3 pairs dress pants
  • 1 dress
  • 1 corduroy skirt
  • 3 pairs tights
  • 2 long sleeve shirts
  • 1 t-shirt
  • 3 cardigans
  • 3 tank tops
  • 2 eye shadows
  • Nail Polish Remover Pads
I'm almost nervous to add it all up.
Grand Total spent on myself: $223.84
Oops.  Well to try and justify my spending, if I average the cost of the clothing items I only paid $12.99 per item which is pretty inexpensive.

I'll have to take money out of my personal savings for this.

We also spent an hour in a perfume store picking out new scents for each other.  I bought his and he bought mine.  Those are going to be put away for Christmas.  We only found one other Christmas gift for one of our nieces and that was at the perfume store.  I also bought Mr. Ripples a shirt he wanted that I will put away for Christmas.  That's how we shop for each other.  We make a list or pick stuff out and then the other one buys it.  Plus there's always a few surprises thrown in there too.

No comments:

Post a Comment