July 2, 2013

Revising My Goals for 2013

Originally my goals for 2013:

Save up 6 months of expenses in emergency fund
Pay off Student Loans
Save up for Disney Vacation

I was getting really close to having our emergency fund at the goal of 6 months of expenses.  I only owe about $1500 left in student loans.  I made a great dent in those this year.

Then the condo next door went up for sale.  It's been a very long time since our savings account has been so low.  I don't like the feeling. 

New Goals:
1. Put $3000 back into savings
2. Pay off the $1500 in Student Loans
3. I really, really, really want to take the girls to Disney in January.  So I really need to stay motivated to meet my first two goals as quickly as possible so that I can start saving for a vacation without feeling too guilty.

Now I need to come up with a plan of action to get us there.

1 comment:

  1. So close! That student loan will be gone in no time.

    ReplyDelete