June 23, 2013

Enjoying Summer for Free


We had a great weekend.  I'm sad its almost over.  Yesterday we spent the morning at my grandparents house.  I made blueberry muffins for breakfast and my mom brought stuff for sandwiches and a pie.  We took the food out on their pontoon boat and went for a nice boat ride.

Then my husband took the girls swimming in the afternoon while I cleaned the house.

Today, my friend came over with her 3 kids.  We planned on cooking hotdogs on the grill but it was over 90 degrees outside so I just made them on the stove.  The kids played outside some and then after dinner we took a walk to the park and let them run around and play there.

Money wise, I bought groceries and the only money I spent out of my personal spending money was $3 for a coffee and two slushies at the grocery store. 

It was a nice weekend.  We got to hang out with friends and family and enjoy the nice summer weather without spending much money at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment