April 9, 2013

Adventures with Apple Cider Vinegar

In my effort to live more green I would like to start using natural cleaning supplies and less chemicals.  When Baby Ripples had a fever and couldn't go to daycare, I decided I wanted to do some spring cleaning and it was a good time to try out some natural cleaning solutions.


All Purpose Vinegar Spray:  I mixed 1/4 cup Apple Cider Vinegar with 2 cups of water and added a couple drops of dish soap.

Results:
  • Windows: Worked as good as the blue stuff but not better.  Pass
  • Counters: Worked as good as the chemical all purpose spray.  Pass
Cleaning Paste: Mixed Baking Soda and Vinegar to make a paste to put on the caulking in the bathroom that was looking molding.

Results:  Worked Really well.  I was very impressed how white this looked.  Total PASS
See before and after photos in my post about Spring Cleaning Problems and Solutions.


Dishes: I've only done one load in the dishwasher adding vinegar to the rinse aid compartment.  I still used my little soap packet but I do think there is less of a chalky residue inside the cups and bowls.  I'll have to do a few more loads before I'm ready to say for sure that this passes.

After trying out some cleaning solutions with apple cider vinegar I have to say I am impressed.  I thought it would smell bad but it just had a slight vinegar smell that dissipated after a bit and it was much better than the harsh feeling in my eyes and throat when I would accidentally breathe while using the chemical cleaners.  I'm actually excited to try out some more all natural cleaning.










No comments:

Post a Comment