March 26, 2013

Crockpot Sweet and Sour Rice

I made this yesterday in the crockpot.  My husband was eating left overs today and told me it was really good and that I should make it again.  He said to make sure I bought more of the sweet and sour sauce which is funny because I didn't use a sauce from the store, I made it myself.

I forgot to take a picture when I first made it, so here's a picture after its been reheated.

1 1/4 cup brown rice
1 can pineapple chunks with juice
1/2 cup diced green pepper
1/2 cup ketchup
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 bag baby carrots

Put everything in the crockpot and set it to low for about 4 hours.  Nothing in it really needs cooked so once the rice and carrots are to the texture that you like, its done.  I did take the lid off to stir this up a couple of times to make sure all of the rice got in the liquid.

No comments:

Post a Comment