We totally didn't follow the meal plan last week. The Baked Chicken, Chicken and Dumplings and Lasagna that I made last weekend were used for many lunches and dinners and I didn't really cook much else. Mr. R did the grocery shopping on Friday and bought a take and bake pizza for dinner.
Our food waste for the week:
A whole bag of mandarin oranges the Mr. R bought on Friday. He opened the bag today and they were mushy and shriveled. I told him we could take them back to Aldi but he threw them away. Cost: $2.99
|Mr. R uses this rice when he makes burritos with chicken. |
I'm going to estimate the cost of this waste as $.10.
|Chocolate Cookies that my Dad sent me for Christmas. |
We ate all the good ones and these sat for a while. These were a gift
so the cost for us was $0.
Total Food Waste in 2015: $3.48
Mr. R spent $93. We have $35 left in the food budget until Friday which is good since I need to go back and pick up a few things that he forgot.
Meal Plan for this week:
- Sunday - We have a 3 lb. chub of ground turkey thawed in the refrigerator. I'll be making hamburgers for dinner tonight and cooking up the remaining 2 pounds for use later in the week. Mr. R loves hamburger helper meals and bought a couple boxes at the store.
- Monday - Hamburger Helper
- Tuesday - Chicken Parmesan and pasta
- Wednesday - Baked Chicken
- Thursday - Hamburger Helper
- Friday - Leftovers