February 9, 2014

Turkey Egg Salad - Recipe

A week or two ago, I made a 5 lb turkey breast in the crock pot.  I bought it on sale for $1.49 per pound.  It had enough meat for dinner one day and leftovers for 2 of us the next day.  Plus I froze to bags of diced meat for later and I made chicken stock out of the skin and bones.  I had set one of the frozen bags of meat in the refrigerator to thaw for dinner on Friday but Mr. R wanted to make chicken wraps.  So I decided to make turkey salad for sandwiches.  I looked up some recipes for inspiration and this is what I came up with.


6 1/2 ounces turkey - estimate 75 cents
8 tbsp. light miracle whip -  estimate 55 cents
2 boiled eggs, chopped up - 22 cents
2 tsp mustard - 2 cents
1 tbps lemon juice - 4 cents
2 celery ribs, diced - 14 cents

I mixed everything together in the same bowl that I planned on storing it in.  It should be enough to make 4 nice sized sandwiches.

I had to estimate some of the costs like the Miracle Whip since Mr. R bought it and didn't save the receipt. 

Total Cost - $1.72 or 43 cents per serving

4 weight watchers points plus per serving

No comments:

Post a Comment