July 25, 2013

Putting sweaters away for the summer and shopping in my closet

I know I'm really late in doing this, but I finally went through my closet and put all my sweaters away.  I also found a whole bunch of summer close I totally forgot about.

I've been getting in a rut lately with the clothes that I've been wearing and almost broke down and went shopping more than once.  I used to do a big clothes shopping trip in the summer and then again in the winter.  I have tons a clothes and if I can lose that last 5 - 10 pounds that I want to lose, most of the clothes will fit me really well.

Since I'm determined to lose this weight, but not determined enough to stick to a diet, I haven't let myself do any shopping.  I don't want to buy any more clothes in the size I am now, I just want to fit comfortably into the cute clothes I have.

And I'm glad I didn't let myself shop, because it's amazing all the summer clothes I found in containers in my closet.  I'm really excited about a pair of knee length jean shorts.  Fridays are jeans day at work and all I have are capri's or shorts that are too short for work.

I also found a couple really cute spaghetti strap dresses one of my friends gave me last year when she cleaned out her closet.  I never had a chance to wear them.  Mr. Ripples and I are going on a movie date Saturday afternoon, so I'm going to wear one of the dresses.  He always appreciates the effort when I get dressed up for one of our dates.

No comments:

Post a Comment