May 24, 2013

Crock Pot Scalloped Potatoes and Ham


 
It's been a while since I've posted a Recipe.  I have a hard time posting recipes because I don't typically follow recipes well and tend to not be very specific with measuring ingredients, but I've tried a new recipe today and it came out GREAT!  This recipe made 9 1 cup servings and each cup contained about 291 calories.


The original recipe can be found here at Family Fresh Meals: 
http://www.familyfreshmeals.com/2011/12/slow-cooker-scalloped-potatoes.html

Here is how I made it with a few changes:

- 1 cup light sour cream - 75 cents
- 1 can condensed cream of potato soup - 75 cents
- 10 medium Red Potatoes  - $1.00
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided - $1.50
- about 1 1/2 cups chunks of ham (left over from a ham I made a couple weeks ago.) - $2.75
-1 1/2 large onions - 50 cents
- 2 tsp. minced garlic - 5 cents

Total Estimated Cost - $7.30
Cost per serving: 81 cents

I thinly sliced the potatoes and put them in a large bowl.  Then added the cream of potato soup, sour cream, 1 cup shredded cheddar, ham, onion and garlic and mixed it up.  Then I transferred to crockpot and cooked on low for 7 1/2 hours.  I sprinkled the last cup of cheddar cheese over the top about an hour before it was done.

I served this with corn on the cob - 4 ears for 99 cents.
So the whole dinner only cost $1.14 on average per person or $4.56 for the whole family.  And we have enough of the scalloped potatoes and ham for lunch tomorrow.

Prices are estimates. Since I threw my receipts out today, I'm going from memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment