Here is how I made it with a few changes:
- 1 cup light sour cream - 75 cents
- 1 can condensed cream of potato soup - 75 cents
- 10 medium Red Potatoes - $1.00
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided - $1.50
- about 1 1/2 cups chunks of ham (left over from a ham I made a couple weeks ago.) - $2.75
-1 1/2 large onions - 50 cents
- 2 tsp. minced garlic - 5 cents
Total Estimated Cost - $7.30
Cost per serving: 81 cents
I thinly sliced the potatoes and put them in a large bowl. Then added the cream of potato soup, sour cream, 1 cup shredded cheddar, ham, onion and garlic and mixed it up. Then I transferred to crockpot and cooked on low for 7 1/2 hours. I sprinkled the last cup of cheddar cheese over the top about an hour before it was done.
I served this with corn on the cob - 4 ears for 99 cents.
So the whole dinner only cost $1.14 on average per person or $4.56 for the whole family. And we have enough of the scalloped potatoes and ham for lunch tomorrow.
Prices are estimates. Since I threw my receipts out today, I'm going from memory.