October 16, 2013

Halloween Candy

Every year, we end up with TONS of candy after Halloween.  My husband is like a big kid when it comes to Halloween.  It doesn't matter if it's raining or snowing, we will be out trick-or-treating for the whole 2 hours.  Plus, the trunk or treat that we go to for Big Ripples elementary school and Little Ripple's school does a trick or treating event through the building.  There's also trick or treating at the nursing home that Mr. Ripple's grandma is at.  We usually at least do these 4 events. The girls are really excited for them and like to be able to wear their costumes more than once.  But really, its too much candy.

One thing I like to do is put a stash of the candy away before the kids even miss it.  Then at Christmas, I use that left over candy as stocking stuffer filler to go along with all the little gifts that I purchased for their stockings.

1 comment:

  1. Haha. I also heard some dentist's offices will take leftover candy (non melty and non chocolate) and mail it off to the troops who are overseas or away at posts. We normally don't have leftover candy at my parents', so we haven't had to worry about it.

    ReplyDelete